I’ll try and keep my posts brief with just some notes and thoughts I’ve written over the week. I’ve started with Harvard’s CS50 intro course. The stuff I write is more for me than anything else. I can never forget that.
- I will study at Panera Bread daily.
- Looked through instructions and FAQs
- Will try to finish in 1 month, but that will take some hardcore work.
- $90 for a CS50 certificate (proof I finished) = good motivation?
- Finished the pre-course survey
- Downloaded first lecture
- Week 0 Lecture completed (@ 150% speed)
- Transcribed RIVAS goal process in notebook
- Binary Numbers
- Algorithm – how to solve a problem step by step.
- They have PDF of notes!
Week 0 Lecture 2 is all I had time for.
Found this cool article series and decided to read them all:
Born to Learn article series:
- The 7 Habits of Highly Successful Self-Taught Software Developers
- The Fastest Way to Learn Software Development, Guaranteed
- Three Roadblocks Beginners to Software Development Face (and how to get around them)!
- Do This, Not That: Tips for Entry-Level Software Development Position Interviews
Emailed Shawn about helping me with accountability support!
- Scratch Project completed and submitted
- Problem Set 0 completed = 1.0 score
- Shawn mentioned Triadic Communication. I looked it up, but didn’t find much.
- CodeNewbie Meetup May 28th – unsure if I can make this. Have something else until 12:15 which runs over their time.
Had a call with Technical Recruiter (8-9 years experience) about what companies are looking for in a Developer. It was a great talk.
What languages are best. Bootcamps, interviews, agencies, tutorials, StackOverflow. I took more notes on paper!
- CS50: Week 1 – Lecture #1 (2x speed)
- I want to put in much more hours. My end goal is 20 hours a week (if not more).
- I’ve been coming in during my lunch hour, but I need to get more time. I can get 2 hrs before work if I can my sleep sorted. Doesn’t leave much time for anything else though.
- Completed first program hello.c!