TOTAL POMODOROS THIS WEEK: 18
August 25, 2016 Part 2
- Lesson 15: Singly linked lists in C
- CS50 News: https://medium.com/@cs50/this-shall-be-cs50-2016-faed96945f81#.sxum3ikp5
August 26, 2016
- Finished working on http://www.learn-c.org/en/Linked_lists
- I liked this tutorial since it went step by step in creating a linked list and I could follow along in the CS50 IDE.
- It taught how to append an item to the end of the list or push onto the front (using double pointers, but that concept is still very fuzzy to me).
- To modify a pointer itself you must point to THAT pointer?
- Their function for removing the first element of a linkedlist made no sense, so I found a simpler solution. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6078817/want-to-make-linked-list-function-that-deletes-first-node
- Their function to remove the last node also doesn’t seem to be complete at all…WTF.
- Installed a Pomodoro app on my phone and Macbook Pro for more focused blocks and being able to keep better track of how much I’ve worked. Every 25 minute block will be marked with a 🍅 under the date.
- Pointers and Memory: http://cslibrary.stanford.edu/102/PointersAndMemory.pdf
- This is a great guide. Taking a ton of notes and things are becoming clearer.
- How I Got Started With Programming Side Projects (very cool blog post!)
- I should start a blog like this one.
Probably the same for any college degree. It was for my Marketing one.