TOTAL 🍅 THIS WEEK: 10
Goals For This Week:
- Finish Problem Set 7 and 8.
Decide next steps and pick a bootcamp to attend. Flesh out bootcamp spreadsheet.
- Hit 30+ pomodoros.
September 22, 2016 🍅
- Did a tiny bit more work on my spreadsheet.
- More messages and research on bootcamps.
- Turing.io looks good. Jeff Casimir has a good track record and background. Also the bootcamp being 7 months and taught by the same people year after year is a different outlook than what I see from other camps that just have expanded like crazy. Also Turing is a non-profit.
- Downsides are that it is in Colorado, meaning I would need housing/food/etc. Also it is 7 months versus the regular 3 month format of other bootcamps. 7 months away is incredibly tough.
- Here is Turing’s report on 2015 which is surprisingly candid.
September 23, 2016 (None)
- I’ve never considered it, but there are apprenticeships for coding: http://apprentice.at/
- Resume Redo for Tech Industry
- Finding Your First Open Source Project Or Bug To Work On
- Stumbled across CS50’s style guide for C.
September 24, 2016 🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅
- This video interview has really great insights on coding bootcamps and interviewing.
- Attended Code Newbie meetup!
- 2nd part of above interview.