TOTAL 🍅 THIS WEEK: 26
Goals For This Week:
- Finished “Linked List Problems.” (abandoned)
Finish Problem Set 6 and 7. Do 25+ pomorodos.
September 08, 2016 🍅🍅
- Weekly goal planning. Saturday I have a good stretch of 8 hours to work. I must take advantage of it.
- Week 7 Section Videos
- My invite to the RMOTR OOP course got mixed up and was listed as Sept 29th instead of Aug 29th, but Santiago sent me a recording of it. Also he invited me to their class on Monday night which I will attend.
- Week 7 Shorts (videos)
September 09, 2016 🍅
- CS50 Week 7 Short Videos
- PHP syntax (15m)
- Getting Started with Raspberry Pi
- New GDB for CS50 IDE: https://www.reddit.com/r/cs50/comments/4zzxvs/debug50_now_available/
September 10, 2016 🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅
- Started work on Problem Set 6.
- Implementing our own very basic web server (in C of course).
- Functions to implement:
- Indexes: Checks, in order, whether index.php or index.html exists inside of path. Returns path to first match if so, else NULL.
- Load: Loads a file into memory dynamically allocated on heap. Stores address thereof in content and length thereof in length.
- Lookup: Returns MIME type for supported extensions, else NULL.
- Parse: Parses a request-line, storing its absolute-path at abs_path and its query string at query, both of which are assumed to be at least of length LimitRequestLine + 1.
- Have been able to implement Lookup and Parse so far.
- Load is a bit more difficult. Maybe check out the walkthrough for some help.
- Currently stuck on load.
- How to stop the server in pset6: https://www.reddit.com/r/cs50/comments/4sapms/how_to_stop_server_in_pset6/
- Reddit post: What non technical books can I bring with me while I travel that will also help me be a better programmer?
- All of the stuff below I’ll admit is a little intimidating. I mean do I really have what it takes if I wanted to get into a bootcamp in the next 3½ months?
- 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know – The Book (Thanks Shawn)
- The Best of edw519 – A Hacker News Top Contributor – by Ed Weissman
- I should make a chart of Pomodoros to see which days I am most productive.
September 11, 2016
- Nothing done today. Fucking dammit.
September 12, 2016 🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅
- Broke out the Lookup function into a separate file to test it. Got it working.
- Will do the same with Parse.
- I don’t quite understand what “line” is supposed to be along with “abs_path” and “query”. That’s my first problem. Not fully understanding the question given.
- When do you know when you’re ready to start interviewing? https://redd.it/52c3os
- Sat in on a RMOTR Python class about Web Development and more specifically using Flask and templates. See my notes HERE.
September 13, 2016 🍅
- Ran through all of server.c code to understand it better.
- All requests to server in form “GET / HTTP/1.1” or “GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1”
September 14, 2016 🍅🍅🍅
- Finished going through server.c and answering all the questions I had by googling.
- This was big: Took time to write out the goals for the Parse function, then the contingencies (IFTTT) for all listed cases. Then I wrote out each and every step I had to complete and just went down the list. Can’t just sit down and code…
- Parse function completed.
- Started on Load function.
- Good hint here: http://cs50.stackexchange.com/questions/16139/how-to-start-with-load-function-in-server-c
- Load function causing segmentation faults. Need to figure out a good way to test it.
- Completely stuck on the load function. Segmentation faulting all day.
September 15, 2016 🍅🍅🍅
- Traveling to Ohio today to visit Westside Barbell and the legend Louis Simmons. Coding and working on my malfunctioning Parse and Load functions while I still have battery power left (Hotspoting through LTE).
- I would just like to state for the record that file loading and memory allocation in C is a fucking pain the ass.
- I just want to read a file and put it into a buffer! Sdafkjasdlkfj. It either works once then explodes on the next file or doesn’t work at all.
- Continued work on Parse and Load.