August 19, 2016
- HBR: Learn to Love Networking
- HBR: How to Build Your Network
- My next meetup on August 27th: https://www.meetup.com/CodeNewbie-Atlanta/events/233103121/
- Chris Aquino, Director of Web Engineering at Big Nerd Ranch will be "Keeping It 100!" by sharing with you what he looks for when hiring Jr Devs.
- Brandy Porter, former VP of Design at Big Nerd Ranch will be "Keeping It 100!" by sharing with you why it's important for developers to understand and become comfortable with design process.
August 20, 2016
- Nothing done today. ☹️
August 21, 2016
- Worked briefly on trying to get a simple checklist to follow when working on a new coding problem.
August 22, 2016
- Shawn shared this awesome website: http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/
- How many times were you frustrated while looking out for a good collection of programming/algorithm/interview questions?
- What did you expect and what did you get?
- This portal has been created to provide well written, well thought and well explained solutions for selected questions.
- Getting two new books on OOP!
- OOP DeMystified
- Head First Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- CS50 Videos
- Rewatched Tries - 16m
- Data Structures Summary - 9m
- Hash Tables (short) - 8m
- Queues (short) - 6m
- Trees (short) - 5m
- Tries (short) - 9m
August 23, 2016
- Introduction to Hash Tables: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfhjkfocRR0
- Hacker News' “Who is Hiring?” blog posts
- Reddit: Junior devs, how and where did you find work? (Networking)
- Began working on Problem Set 5: Mispellings
August 24, 2016
- Continued work on Problem Set 5
- Walked through speller.c on paper. See scratch notes here.
- Attempted to understand the manual for getrusage.
- Watched part of the Problem Set 5 Walkthrough video
August 25, 2016 Part 1
- I want to get a better grasp on pointers, structs and linked lists before I start pset 5 since I haven’t actually coded any of it yet. It’s just all theory in videos. I want to try in a simpler setting first so I will go through a few tutorials.
- Lesson 15: Singly linked lists in C
- Worked on HackerRank Day 15: Linked Lists problem: https://www.hackerrank.com/challenges/30-linked-list
- It’s odd since it doesn’t just append to the front of the list, rather the end which seems more complicated.